Chief Operations Officer, COO
Ramón Montero is a Chilean lawyer who has dedicated a large part of his career to the area of Compliance, reinforcing and monitoring good practices within companies.
He graduated as a lawyer from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and, years later, he completed a LLM at the University of Utrecht, The Netherlands.
He is currently the Chief Operating Officer, COO at BH Compliance, a pioneer firm in the monitoring of crime prevention programs in companies, where he is in charge of the management and evaluation of certification and monitoring processes of Compliance Programs, Crime Prevention Models Law 20.393, Free Competition and Corporate Governance, among others, of companies in Chile and abroad.
Although his experience is diverse, as he has worked in various areas of law, he has managed to position himself in the area of Compliance, promoting a culture of integrity and leading more than 2,000 certification processes in Chile and abroad, additionally he writes opinion columns on issues related to Compliance in various local and international media.
Since 2014, Ramón has been a professor of the Diploma of Compliance and Good Corporate Practices Faculty of Law of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, and since 2017, professor of the Diploma of Prevention, Detection and Investigation of Fraud at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Chile and since 2022, professor of the Executive Class program at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Entrepreneurship and Competitiveness Diploma (ECLA), Columbia University, 2021
- Master in Law & Economics, Utrecht University, 2010.
- Lawyer, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2002.
- Obligation to Guarantee Contracts of Promise to Purchase and Sale of Real Estate, Green Sales. Thesis, 2004.
- An Economic and Practical Approach of Fair Trade, Master Thesis, 2010.
- «Next Generation Partner» awarded by The Legal 500 Latin America 2023 in the area of Compliance.
- COO, BH Compliance, 2012 – Present
- Consultant Compliance and Operational Risk areas, Rabobank International, The Netherlands, 2010 – 2011
- Lawyer, Rabobank Chile, 2006 – 2009