Chief Operations Officer, COO
Ramón Montero is a Chilean lawyer who has dedicated a large part of his career to the area of Compliance, reinforcing and monitoring good practices within companies.
He is also a professor in Chilean universities, transferring his knowledge on Compliance and Good Corporate Practices, as well as Fraud Prevention, Detection, and Investigation, to the new generations.
He graduated as a lawyer from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and, years later, he completed a Master in Economic Analysis of Law at the University of Utrecht, The Netherlands.
He is currently the Chief Operating Officer, COO at BH Compliance, a pioneer firm in the monitoring of crime prevention programs in companies, where he is in charge of the management and evaluation of certification and monitoring processes of Compliance Programs, Crime Prevention Models Law 20.393, Free Competition and Corporate Governance, among others, of companies in Chile and abroad (Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Argentina, Panama, Spain).
Although his experience is diverse, as he has worked in various areas of law, he has managed to position himself in the area of Compliance, promoting a culture of integrity and leading more than 1,500 certification processes in Chile and abroad, additionally he writes opinion columns on issues related to Compliance in various local and international media.
Since 2014, Ramón has been a professor of the Diploma of Compliance and Good Corporate Practices Faculty of Law of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, and since 2017, professor of the Diploma of Prevention, Detection and Investigation of Fraud at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Chile. He also served as co-professor of Civil Law at Universidad Andrés Bello during 2006 and 2007.
- Master in Law & Economics, Utrecht University, 2010.
- Lawyer, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2002.
- Obligation to Guarantee Contracts of Promise to Purchase and Sale of Real Estate, Green Sales. Thesis, 2004.
- An Economic and Practical Approach of Fair Trade, Master Thesis, 2010.
- Legal and Compliance Manager, BH Compliance, 2012 – Present
- Consultant for the integration project of the Compliance and Operational Risk areas, Rabobank International, The Netherlands, 2010 – 2011
- Lawyer, Rabobank Chile, 2006 – 2009